Saturday, October 6, 2007

Protocol generator

Yesterday and today I have been working on finalizing some written instructions on how to do some procedures so that future people that show up to this lab can easily do what we are doing. I'm going to post them him just for the heck of it. If anyone happens to be looking at this blog and wants to suggest ways I could make things better I would appreciate the feedback.

The first protocol I made was in the way of a flow chart. It is for the operation of our vacuum oven chamber. It is actually quite simple to use (well at least for me).







This is (hopefully) the "idiot proof" flow chart for operation of this device.



Well that was the part for the Vacuum Oven. My next step was to generate a protocol for creation of glass bottom dishes for use our super cool FRET analysis Ziess microscope our lab has. We choose to make our own dishes because to buy them pre-made is about 2 dollars a pop. As long as we maintain cleanliness I support the more cost effective method.


Click on this link to view the PDF of the protocol I created. (It even has pictures!)

No comments: